Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Role of Media Technology

Hi everyone!

My name is Karine Arzumanyan and this is my last semester here at CSUN. I am an English major in hopes of being in my own classroom someday.

The role of media technology should not take over your classroom but I believe can be an effective and wonderful addition to your teaching. Having power points during your lecture to the class will make your notes neater and easier for your class to read and jot down. With your notes already typed out, you can discuss and face your class rather than having your back to the students while you write on the board and they take advantage and start text messaging! If the teacher is facing the class more students will pay attention.

As a student I have experienced uses of media technology both effectively and ineffectively. Technology is technology so sometimes it will fail to load or do as it is supposed to. That has happened few times than I can count but you must always have a backup plan. I have had teachers and professors use power points to help with their lectures and it has been very effective because I do not have to squint or wonder what word they wrote down on the wall. It is a neat way which I can take down my notes. In my English 313 class this semester, my professor pulls up our blog on the projector and shows us YouTube clips about what is being discussed. So overall, the use of media technology can help in the teaching style.

No comments:

Post a Comment